Alcohol & Liquor License

$99+state fees
  • Same Day Filing
  • Unlimited Support – Phone, Chat, Email
  • Low Price
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Official Printable PDF File

If your business deals with the importation, manufacture, distribution or sale of alcohol in the United States, you need a liquor license.


Typical businesses that need a liquor license are:

 Retail businesses, such as:

  • Grocery stores
  • Restaurants
  • Nightclubs
  • Taverns

Non-retail businesses, such as:

  • Breweries
  • Wineries
  • Distilleries
  • Beer/wine distributors and importers

A liquor license is a permit to sell alcoholic beverages legally in the United States.


It is a State issued license for businesses that deal with the importation, manufacture, distribution or sale of alcohol in the United States.

In the United States, liquor licenses are issued separately by each individual state. Majority licenses are often specified by each state and localities that have laws and regulations in acquiring such a license. For example, in the state of Oregon, the Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) regulates and controls the distribution, sales and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
Across the United States it is very common to have further specified protocols in restaurants such as limits on drinks per customer, zero discounts on drinks, and to have unfinished bottles of wine to remain in the restaurant. Furthermore, there may be several choices of license classes depending on how one intends to sell the alcoholic beverages.
The most common types of licenses used in restaurants include:

Restaurant Liquor License: Known as the all liquor license, it is the most generally used license.
Beer and Wine Liquor License: This is also categorized as a general liquor license, however it does not include any strong alcohols or spirits.

Tavern Liquor License: This license is commonly used for restaurants that serve alcohol as well as food, but have 50% of their sales solely based on liquor.

If you do not have a Social Security Number, you must have an ITIN in order to apply for an EIN. We can obtain this for you by special request. The cost is also $89.

Please email us at and we will give you further instructions.

All customers whose principal business, office or agency, or legal residence (in the case of an individual) is located in the United States or in one of the U.S. Territories can apply for an EIN online.

The principal officer, general partner, grantor, owner, trustor etc. must have a valid Taxpayer Identification Number (Social Security Number, Employer Identification Number, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) in order to use the online application.
If you were incorporated outside of the United States or the U.S. territories, you cannot apply for an EIN online.

Get Started Now $99 + state fees
I just wanted to say that these guys are awesome, and very very professional. I was WOWed with every interaction with customer service.

They resolved every question on the spot. If I knew what I was going to get before the order I would have gladly paid more it was that good.

Kevin Song
My business partner and I decided start an LLC with S corporation benefits and did not know the first thing about setting it up. After looking at the paperwork involved we were very unsure about doing it ourselves.

Thankfully we found EZ incorporate early on. They broke down the process into step by step pieces that were easy for us amateurs to understand.

Elmer Ramilo
This is the most dependable and informative incorporation service out there.

No one else was willing to answer my 20 some questions and walk me through it step by step.

Go with EZ Inc. You’ll know you are in good hands after the first phone call

Henry F.